Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 8 cannelloni
- 1 brocciu (Corsican fresh cheese) of 500g
- 400g of Corsican tomatoes
- 20 cl thick fresh cream
- 150g of chard leafs
- 1 brunch of parsley
- 1 brunch of mint
- 1 brunch of basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bottle of tomato passata
- Cut the chards to only keep the leaf, cook them for 3 minutes in salted water.
- Drain them and soak them into some iced water to keep them green. Absorb the remaining water with a towel.
- Finally, chop the chard leafs in big pieces. Also chop the mint, the parsley and the basil.
- Mix the chard leaf with the different chopped herbs. Pour everything in a bowl.
- Cut ¾ of the Corsican tome in cubes. Combine them in a blender with the whole brocciu, the eggs, half of the fresh cream and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add it to the herbs. Mix everything and season it.
- Take one of your biggest plates for the oven. Pour a thick layer of tomato passata. It will constitute the sauce of your cannelloni.
Last step: fill the cannelloni
- Fill in the raw cannelloni with the stuffing prepared in the blender. Put the cannelloni in the plate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. While it’s preheating, coat the plate with the remaining of the fresh cream and add some tomato slices. Put on the oven for 40 minutes and…. Enjoy!