Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 8 cannelloni
- 1 brocciu (500 g) (Corsican fresh cheese)
- 400 g of Corsican tomme
- 20 cl thick crème fraîche
- 150 g chard leaves
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bottle of tomato passata
- Cut the chards to only keep the leaf, cook them for 3 minutes in salted water.
- Drain them and soak them into some iced water to keep them green. Absorb the remaining water with a towel.
- Finally, chop the chard leaves in big pieces. Also chop the mint, the parsley and the basil.
- Mix the chard leaves with the different chopped herbs. Pour everything into a bowl.
- Cut ¾ of the Corsican tomme in cubes. Combine them in a blender with the whole brocciu, the eggs, half of the crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add it to the minced herbs. Mix everything and season it.
- Take one of your biggest plates for the oven. Pour a thick layer of tomato passata. It will constitute the sauce of your cannelloni.
Last step: fill the cannelloni
- Fill in the raw cannelloni with the stuffing prepared in the blender. Put the cannelloni in the plate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. While it’s preheating, coat the plate with the remaining crème fraîche and add some tomato slices. Put in the oven for 40 minutes and…. Enjoy!