Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 g of green lentils
- 1 big onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 g of panzetta
- 1 figatellu (pork product)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- Salt and pepper
- Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- Cover the lentils with non-salted cold water in a pot, let it cook for 20 minutes. Drain them and keep the cooking water.
- Cut the panzetta in lardons shape, slice the onion, the garlic clove and the figatellu.
- In a cooker, brown the onion with the lardons with a little bit of oil. Then, add the slices of figatellu and the garlic, let brown for a few minutes. Add the tomato concentrate and moisten with the wine and half a cup of water.
- Add the lentils, season and add the thyme and the bay leaf.
- Mix everything well and cover with the cooking water of the lentils. Turn the heat down and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes.