Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 g brocciu (Corsican fresh cheese)
- 100 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of myrtle liquor or classic brandy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the brocciu: put it in a bowl and mash it with a fork. If you think it is too thick or that there are too many big pieces you can put it in a blender.
- For the lemon: remove the lemon zest with a peeler or a citrus zester. Once you have the zest, slice it thinly or put it in the mincer for a more delicate result.
- Mix them with the brocciu you have mashed. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar, a little bit of lemon juice and the two tablespoons of myrtle liquor.
- Beat with a fork until you obtain a foaming mixture. Add the brocciu with the lemon zests and mix everything until you get a homogenous and smooth mixture.
- Put the mixture in a plate you previously have buttered. Put the fiadone in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. The cake has to be brown on the surface, then take it off the oven and let it cool.
Recipe from Florian’s website : recettes-corses.fr