Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 500 gr of brocciu (Corsican fresh cheese)
- 100 gr of sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of myrtle liquor or classic brandy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the brocciu: put it in a bowl and mash it with a fork. If you think it is too thick and that there are too many big pieces, you can put it in a blender.
- Then, we have to prepare the lemon: take the zest of the lemon with a peeler or a citrus zester. Once you have the zest, cut it with finely or put it in the mincer for more delicacy.
- Mix them with the brocciu you had mashed. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar, a little bit of lemon juice and the two tablespoons of myrtle liquor.
- Beat with a fork until the mixture gets foaming. Add the brocciu with the lemon zests and mix everything until you get a homogenous and smooth mixture.
- Put the mixture in a plate you previously have buttered! Put the fiadone in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. The cake has to be browned on the surface, then take it off the oven and let it cool.