Preparation time: 20 minutes + 2 hours of rest
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 125 g plain flour or chickpea flour
- 250 g white flour
- 60 cl water,
- 50 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 small cup of brandy liquor
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- zest of 2 organic lemons
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom
- In a saucepan, on low heat, thin down the plain flour or the chickpea flour with 9 cups of salted cold water. Don’t stop mixing for about 20 minutes using a wooden spoon.
- Let cool down. If there is any lumps, put the mixture in the food mil.
- In a big bowl, combine the flour, the sugar and the baking powder. Make a well in the center and add the eggs, the brandy liquor, and the orange blossom, the zest of the 2 lemons and a pinch of salt. Mix again. Stir in the preparation of warmed plain flour or chickpea flour, and blend strongly until having a homogenous dough. Now, let the dough rest for 2 hours maximum at ambient temperature. Take care to cover the bowl with a humid linen.
- Heat the oil. Prepare a big cup of salted water. Soak your spoon before taking each ball of dough in order that it doesn’t stick to the spoon. Make small balls of dough thanks to the spoon and make it go down with your fingers into the oil.
- Let the panzarotti fry until they’re golden brown.
- Once the first batch is done, drain them and put them on some kitchen roll. Do it again until the dough is done.
- Advice: roll the panzarotti into some sugar and enjoy!