Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours 30 minutes.
- 2 kg wild boar meat (shoulder preferably)
- 1.5 litere red wine full bodied
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 1 piece of sugar
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- The day before, start by peeling and cutting the carrots as well as chopping the onions and the garlic cloves. Then cut the wild boar meat in big pieces.
- Stir in the meat and the vegetables in a big plate where you will add a bouquet garni, salt and pepper to give the marinade a lot of taste. Cover the whole thing with a litre of red wine and let it marinate in a cold place for 12 hours, you will get a very tasty meat.
- At cooking time, drain the meat and vegetables and let them brown in a cast iron pot for about 10 minutes. Add the tomato purée, cover the preparation with the marinade and half of the red wine remaining.
- Bring everything to the boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for 3 hours and a half.
- Advice: a few minutes before the end of the cooking, cook the pasta.
This recipe is delicious with penne or tagliatelle.