Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 kg strawberry tree fruits
- 1 kg sugar
- brandy liquor
- Once you rinsed the fruits, put them in a pot. Cover with water until it is 5 cm above the fruits. Cook it and let it boil for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat and mix in order to make the fruits explode and having a syrupy liquid.
- Add hot water. When the liquid is consistent enough and the fruits are well cooked, take them off the heat, pour in a bowl and let it cool a little bit down. Pour the mixture through the strainer to collect the cooking liquid.
- The next day, measure the liquid and add 1 kg of sugar for 1 litre of liquid. Put everything on a low heat and let it cook until the sugar is completely dissolved; then turn the heat up until it boils. Skim frequently.
- Take a few drops of juice with a spoon and pour them in a plate. If they freeze, it’s done.
- Let the jelly cool. Then, put the liquid inside sterilised glass jars. Before closing them, form rings with some crepe paper in the shape of the jars and soak it into the brandy liquor. Put the crepe paper on top of the jars containing the jelly. Close them and conserve in a cool and dry place.