Blacksmiths manufactured weapons here from iron extracted from neighbouring mines.
«A Stazzona» actually means the forge. Now affected by the rural exodus, it was once the island’s largest centre for the manufacture of weapons. In the 19th century, its population doubled with the arrival of many visitors to the Orezza spa. In the square, a basin fountain was built (in 1778) in honour of the «Marquis de Marboeuf», Governor of Corsica.